- Anyone else still mad about last nights game 2 months ago
- @PhillyPhanSam Happy Birthday 2 months ago
- Zac looked horrible so did the defense and 3 months ago
- almost jack almost jack just keep shootin 3 months ago
- Happy Doop Day! Almost 12 hours till game time 3 months ago
“Cure The Blatter Infection”
February 17, 2011Posted by on
Apparently Sports Illustrated soccer writer Grant Wahl put out a “campaign video” and is running for FIFA president. We don’t know exactly whether or not this is a serious campaign. As he notes, even if it were it’s not too likely that any country’s federation would actually nominate someone so far outside the general realm of soccer politicians. Of course after watching the video Wahl had some very valid points.
His main focuses were…
-”A video-review process for close calls on the goal line.”
-More women in positions of authority, particularly the position of general secretary
-No limits on refs from certain countries
-No stupid yellow cards for goal celebrations
-Release of all internal FIFA documents
-Term limits for FIFA President
…all of which are quite significant problems and something that might need to be forced down FIFA’s throat for them to actually come true. Either way I’m all for it. For anyone who gets to vote on these kinds of things, Stop The Blatter Infection and Vote Grant Wahl for FIFA President!