- Anyone else still mad about last nights game 2 months ago
- @PhillyPhanSam Happy Birthday 2 months ago
- Zac looked horrible so did the defense and 3 months ago
- almost jack almost jack just keep shootin 3 months ago
- Happy Doop Day! Almost 12 hours till game time 3 months ago
Why You Should Go To The Cup
July 10, 2012Posted by on
Ahead of the Union’s cup match I decided to compile a list of reasons why people should actually attend. This list is in direct response to the poor turn out of fans at the last game. It was a quarter-final and the Union couldn’t bring in over 5,000 people. The sports watching public of Philly are missing out on a great chance to see some high quality football.
1. It is a semi final: Lets be honest the Union are the only Philly team that could be in a semi-final game for a while at least till the Flyers start-up. The enormity of the game is self-explanatory; win and the Union are in the final.
2. Biggest game in franchise history: It is exciting going into a game knowing that it will be the biggest game in a franchises history and years from now you can look back at it.
3. The Union are playing well: Why wouldn’t you want to see a team playing the beautiful game in a beautiful style. They are playing a style that is easy on the eyes and exciting.
4. Philly has a surprisingly Rich Soccer History: For those sports historians this is just the beginning of a long line of Philly/PA success in this tournament. Bethlehem Steele (5x winners), Philly Ukrainians (4x Winners), Harmaville Hurricanes ( 2x Winners), Gallatin SC, Morgan Strasser and Uhrik Truckers/ Philadelphia Americans. This is just an opportunity to look at a new team continue success of the entire area.
5. It is Cheap: The game itself will cost you only about $25-$30. Not a bad seat in the house great bang for your buck.
6. It is Dollar Dog Night/Free parking/Free Mini Cup: Cheap ticket plus dollar hot dogs and free parking. Get your ticket and enjoy the game! As a give away the Union are handing out a free mini cup. I am so excited.
7. You have nothing better to do: It’s a Wednesday night the Phillies are slumping, No big concerts are going on that day. It is the perfect time to treat yourself to a good soccer match. Its better than staying inside all night.
8. SKC are a good team and it will be a great match: Last time around the Union embarrassed SKC.that will most likely not happen again. It will be an intense match. SKC are still second in the East and have a good shot at hosting the final they will come to play.
9. Roger Torres: The Colombian playmaker got 7 minutes against Toronto and there is a good chance he will get more time against SKC. That makes the Union that much more exciting and dangerous.
10. The Phillies, Eagles and Flyers all want you to go: If you have paid attention the Phillies, Eagles, and Flyers have been promoting the game and having special offers. We all know it’s basically Comcast telling the organizations to do so but still.
11. Escape the depressing sports news around you: The Phillies are awful, the Flyers are having a rough offseason and not landing any big names, and the Sixers aren’t going to sign anyone either. Being a Philly sports fan these days is depressing. The Union still have a mountain to climb to reach the playoffs. So escape this depressing rut and enjoy a semi-final.
12. The game is not on TV: You can watch it on a stream or you can go to the game. Can you really handle watching another game with Rigby ? Not to mention the stream quality is straight out of the 70′s, it is not good for your eyes.
13.”We want the cup” Chant: Who doesn’t love a chant promoting Parliament-Funkadelic chant. Sure to have everyone grooving.
14. It wont be god awful hot: Forecast for an amazing night on Wednesday. Partially cloudy, slight showers and 84 degrees. That sounds a lot better than the heat wave we have been on.
15. Prospect of Extra Time and PK’s: The drama of a cup semi-final is that it could go to extra time or even Penalty kicks. Does that need anymore explanation? What would be better/more heart wrenching than going a full 120 and winning on PKs to get to the final. I think half of the fans would have a heart attack.
I can go on for days and days and days and days, and come up with a million reasons why you should go to the game. So just go, enjoy yourself.