- RT @WEXP_RADIO: The 15th Person to Retweet this wins a FREE pair of #EvilDead tickets to use at your leisure. 1 month ago
- Bring on adu I guess. Need a spark or something 8 months ago
- Quote of the night so far "Duka your family is here and they are mine" #doop #crew 8 months ago
- Enjoying this #elclassico just making tonights game better! 8 months ago
- Excited for tonight. The union walking away with 3pts 8 months ago
Tag Archives: Steven Gerrard
February 4, 2011Posted by on
Steve Zakuani was born in Zaire, which later became the Congo, grew up in London and recently received an American Green Card and is on his way towards U.S. citizenship. Zakuani plays for the Seattle Sounders as a wing, or second striker, which outside of Donovan and Dempsey is a fairly shallow position for the USMNT. Zakuani recently accepted a call up from the Congo to play for their team, but he confirmed that he only played in a friendly and would have been less willing to do so if it had bound him permanently to the Congolese team. Zakuani says he is considering playing for the Congo and for England also, but it would seem that, as a player he would most benefit from declaring himself American. He would likely get substantial playing time for the Congolese team, but considering the recent quality of the team it is unlikely he would ever be able to play in a World Cup. England would most definitely give him the opportunity to play in a World Cup, but first he would have to make it past players like Theo Walcott, Frank Lampard, and Steven Gerrard. Needless to say the English roster is a much harder one to crack. The American team on the other hand would allow him the best balance of both, they are very likely to continue to reach World Cup’s but they are also still at a level that Zakuani would be given substantial playing time, and a chance to improve himself as a player. It seems that the best fit professionally would be to play for the USMNT, but then again if his heart is in Zaire that likely doesn’t matter at all.